Our returns policy
We hope you will be happy with your purchase. However if you change your mind, our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have passed since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. This does not affect your statutory rights.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Are there any products that can’t be returned?
We can’t offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on the following items:
- Perishable goods such as food.
- Sealed audio or sealed video recordings, once these products are unsealed after you receive them.
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any order for services relating to the supply of national park events and activities (including but not limited to our cycle hire), where the services provide for a specific date or period of activity.
- Some health and personal care items.
- Books with obvious signs of use.
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery/purchase (save where faulty or damaged).
- Sales items.
- Gift vouchers.
How to return an item:
Returns may be made within 30 days of receiving your order:
- to Peak District National Park visitor centres; or
- via our online shop merchandise team at Castleton Visitor Centre. If returning to our online shop please call us on 01629 816574 or email email@example.com from 10.30am - 4pm, daily. Remember to include your order number and your full name within your message as this will help us speed up the search for your order;
- by mail to:
Peak District National Park (Returns - Merchandising)
Please ensure the item is in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 30 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we mean unused and in its original packaging with labels.
To ensure the safe return of your items and the correct allocation of the items against your account at our fulfilment centre, please follow the guidelines below:
- Please include your delivery note or receipt.
- Please indicate why you are returning the item.
If the item was a gift and you don’t have the delivery note, please include a details of the name of the person who purchased the items, their email address, telephone number, the order number and the reason for the return.
Please ensure that any items to be sent back are returned securely. If you are shipping an item over £20 you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee and we won’t be held liable if we don’t receive your returned item.
Except where you have returned the products because they are incomplete, faulty or mis-described, you will be responsible for paying your own shipping costs for returning your item. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund.
This 30-day returns policy does not affect your statutory rights, or limit your remedies in respect of items that are damaged, defective or incorrect. Please see below for details about returning a damaged, defective, or incorrect item.
Refunds (if applicable)
If you return your item to a National Park Visitor Centre, we’ll inspect and process your refund immediately applied using the same payment method as was used to purchase. It can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you for card payments.
If you return your item to a National Park Visitor entre and you’d like a refund but don’t have your receipt or delivery note, if you can provide proof of purchase in another way such as a bank statement we'll issue an exchange at the current selling price.
Online returns - Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, your refund will be processed, a credit will automatically be applied using the same payment method as was used to purchase, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again or credit card company. It may take some time before your refund is officially posted. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted (up to 21 days).
If you have done all of this and you still have not received a refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What should I do if I've received a faulty or incorrect item in my order?
Returning a damaged, defective or incorrect item:
- If the item was damaged in transit: call our team 01629 816574 or email email@example.com 10.30am - 4pm (Monday to Friday). You may be required to return the item to us via our Peak District National Park Visitor Centres or to our online team for exchange or refund.
- If the item is defective: call our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01629 816574 10.30am - 4pm (Monday to Friday). You may be required to return the item to us via our National Park Visitor Centres or online shop. You have the right to return a faulty item within a reasonable period of time. Please keep any warranty information that accompanies your item as this may be needed should there be a fault.
- If we sent you an item you did not order: please call our team on 01629 816574 or email email@example.com during 10.30am - 4pm (Monday to Friday)
We will arrange a prepaid label for you to return to us.